Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pork Loin Chops and the Leftovers

Wow, I have not posted in a while!  This post is about what I ate this weekend, which actually was a lot of pork.  In case you hadn't noticed, I'd been sticking to beef and chicken thinking it'd be a cost saver.  And it has been, but I finally looked at the pork section at the store and found thinly sliced pork loin chops were reasonably priced.  I called my momma to ask how I should dress/cook them.  This is what we came up with for Saturday's lunch.

Pork Loin Chops with Honey Mustard

5 thinly sliced pork loin chops
2 T. honey mustard
4 T. water
salt and pepper to taste

Now we all know I go to Stop'nShop.

Yep, going to keep using honey mustard salad dressing for everything.  I combined the mustard and water to 
thin it down care of mom's suggestion.  I added salt and pepper to taste.


Looks like ham for now...

Then, I heated a pan and poured the liquid in.  I placed the chops in, covered the pan and sort of steam cooked them.  Since they were thin, they only took 8 minutes on each side.

And now it's cooked!

I cooked up a little pasta, poured alfredo sauce over it and stirred in frozen peas for my side dish.  Voila, easy Saturday lunch.

Quite the gourmet!
I was inspired by this recipe for a Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Crescent Braid (Click for Mel's Recipe) and attempted my own version for today's lunch.  I undid a roll of Pilsbury Crescent Rolls onto a baking sheet and tried to pinch together the perforations.

I should have bought two rolls just to bake.
I diced up the leftover loins, combined it with a cup of cheddar cheese, and whatever was left of my frozen green beans.  I also put in 2 spoonfuls of alfredo sauce; I admit I was skeptical myself, but it worked.

I put everything onto the crescent roll dough and pulled the sides over to create a pork crescent pocket.

Mel's looked much prettier.  Oh well.

I baked the whole thing for about 1/2 an hour, and it tasted amazing!  Thanks to Mel for the inspiration.

Seriously so yummy!

1 comment: