Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Almost Lasagna

I had just put my dinner concoction in the oven when  my mom called me.  I explained to her what I had made, and she was helping me name it.  I'm going to call it Almost Lasagna.  I made a casserole that is like lasagna sans any ricotta cheese or those long lasagna noodles.  And I will have everyone know that I only have two servings left in the giant bag of noodles I have!  Here goes:

Almost Lasagna

5 c. noodles, cooked
1 lb. ground beef, browned
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
1 c. Alfredo sauce
1 c. spaghetti sauce
1 medium zucchini
2 c. shredded mozzarella
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

Note: I did not cook my noodles all the way because they finished in the oven.

I started my layering with a greased pan because I did indeed get more Pam this week.  Whew.  I combined the sauces into one bowl.  For anyone who is skeptical of this, trust me it's amazing.  If you don't want to or don't have one of the sauces around, just use double of the one you do have.  I poured a little bit of my new sauce on the bottom of the pan.


Next, I did a layer of noodles.


I had sliced my zucchini up into thinner pieces and made them the next layer.


Then, came a cup of cheese and more sauce.


Another noodle layer and then the beef came next.  I put teaspoons of salt and pepper into the meat.  I also had a quarter of an onion that I threw in too.


The last of the noodles went in as well as the last of the sauce.  I topped it with the last cup of cheese and sprinkling of the parm.


It went into the oven for about 40 minutes and came out beautifully if I do say so myself.  I literally just ate it and now I still have a stupid grin on my face because it was so good.  Hello, lunch and dinner for the rest of the week!  


Oh, and can I just say I was very disappointed when I went on Hulu today to watch the season finale of The Bachelorette and learned it's not airing till next week.  I am in such suspense!



2 comments:

  1. Maybe you can teach the Bachelorette how to cook-think she knows how?

    Lazy on ya looks tasty Peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! I think we ought to make something delicious when we are together again!

    Keep on cookin good lookin!

    ReplyDelete