Sunday, July 1, 2012

Meatballs

Sunday morning naturally means meatball making, right?  Of course, and then you don't have to worry about making dinner super late tonight after work!  Thinking ahead, I learned it at college.

Want to hear a semi-bad Italian joke?  

Why are a lot of Italian men named Tony?  
When they got onto the boat to America, they had To NY (TONY) stamped on their foreheads.  

Yep, I know that was a bad one and that I chuckled.

Meatballs

1 lb-ish ground beef
1 egg
1/4 c. parmasean cheese
1/4 c. bread crumbs
1 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. pepper
any Italian herbs

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

Again, I buy a package of ground beef and then portion and freeze it.  So I had this much...?
MEAT!

In a mixing bowl, combine everything!  Here are some Italian herbs that I googled because at 10am, I can't think for myself.  Oregano, basil, parsley, sage are good to throw on in.
Meat and everything else.

Once everything is well mixed, either by hand or spoon, start to form your balls.  I made smaller, bite-sized ones.  Just note, the bigger you make them, the longer they'll need in the oven.
I could totally just eat this for breakfast.

Bake you meatballs for about 20 minutes.  I cut one in half to see if they were done, as in no pink inside.
There will be little pools of fat.  You don't need to eat this.

Buon appetite!  Or enjoy later like me over some pasta with spaghetti sauce.  I'll post a picture later.

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes put a wire cooling rack into the pan so as to not have the meat cooking in the fat. Works well for bacon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could use foil: heat reflection and easy peasy cleanup!. Whatevah! We enjoy them with a little bar b que sauce.

    ReplyDelete