Sunday, July 29, 2012

An Afternoon in Chelsea

Stony Brook is super close to New York City, why don't I go more?  Because I don't have time!  Nor funds, however, I spent less than $40 there Friday afternoon between the train, subway and food.  Good deal, right?  Natalie and I went to Chelsea to The Highline which is this cool park set on top of old train tracks.   The Highline's Website   Here are some of my photos! 

West 22nd St. and 10th Avenue
It's like a jungle in the jungle.

And we're excited that we found it!

The Highline Zoo

Such a beautiful day!  Even if it was 90 and humid.

Hello, Everyone!

You can see the tracks throughout the whole thing.

They change the art periodically.  

Hey, little guy!

Beyond is the Hudson River and New Jersey.

the most amazing calzone in Little Italy

lemon Italian ice in Little Italy
Overall, really awesome day!  Unfortunately, my camera's battery didn't last the night into Little Italy and Canal Street.  Just have to go back I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment