Saturday, July 14, 2012

Peaches' Peach Muffins

It is a well known fact that my mom calls me Peaches so in honor of my own nickname and the new character from Ice Age 4 named Peaches, I have come up with a peach muffin recipe!  Summer is a good time for peaches anyway.  However, I used canned peaches because the peaches at my grocery store didn't look the greatest.

Peaches' Peach Muffins

1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 c. oil
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1 can peaches, diced

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

I started by just putting the sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, eggs and oil into a bowl.  I carefully stirred everything together.  I really using the nutmeg along with the cinnamon because then these muffins taste like spiced peaches.
The batter will look darker.

Next, I added the flour and baking soda.  I only added about 1/4 c. of the flour at a time.

Mix thoroughly, don't just leave it like this.
I diced up my peaches into pieces.  If you are using fresh peaches, peel and pit them before you start dicing.

I think this is the first time I've ever needed to use my can opener.
I folded the peaches into the batter gently.  I didn't want the peaches to be mushed up into it.

Maybe I should just make a cake...
I poured the batter into my greased muffin tin, filling each only about halfway before popping them into the oven.
I may have filled these a little too much.

I baked mine for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

The last three looked pretty...
Let them rest in the tin for a minute before removing them to a cooling rack.  Mine did not want to cooperate and come out of the tin.  They don't look the prettiest, but they taste really awesome.  And I'm going to pick up another bottle of PAM soon.  Enjoy your summery muffins and don't forget your laundry in the washing machine.
These not so much...still taste great!


No comments:

Post a Comment