Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mustard Chicken

This post is not going to be about how I somehow messed up Minute Rice that was supposed to accompany my mustard chicken.  Nope, because the chicken turned out well, and that's all that matters.

My roommate was skeptical of my creation, but I learned from my parents that salad dressing can go on anything.  Seriously, they put it on chicken, fish, anything!  So smart those parents of mine.

Mustard Chicken

3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c. honey mustard salad dressing
1/4 c. teriyaki sauce (or soy sauce)
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 t. salt

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

Mix the dressing, teriyaki sauce, pepper and salt in a bowl.

Don't be skeptical like my roommate!  This will be wonderful!

Dunk and dip your chicken on in.  I suppose this would also be a good marinade, and then you could put the chicken on the grill.  I don't have a grill, and usually I don't remember to marinate my chicken.  It's too much work to do in the mornings.

Anyway, I actually used boneless chicken thighs because that's what I had.  So basically any chicken parts work.

Do you think the chicken enjoys this bath of sorts?
I poured the rest of the sauce over the chicken.





I baked my chicken on a cookie sheet for about twenty minutes.  Note that thicker pieces may take longer.

And now you've made a quick chicken dinner regardless if you messed up the rice!  What a breeze, right?

Look! I have white plates too!
Any bets as to how long it will take me to finish this?



I recommend ice cream after dinner and finally watching the season finale of Modern Family.  I totally started tearing up at the end, and then, ate more ice cream.  I'm also going to start working at Friendly's!  Hooray, more ice cream!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great dinner, must have learned all sorts of things with this recipe! Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying the captions on your photos!

    ReplyDelete