Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cheater Enchiladas

This is a pretty great reason to be on Long Island for the summer.
What do you do after you spend a day at the beach?  You finally use the leftover taco meat/rice mixture from the stuffed peppers earlier in the week.  I made cheater enchiladas!  Okay, I shouldn't call them cheater enchiladas, I should say resourceful...?

I'm sorry for the lack of pictures, but try and imagine the process.

Resourceful Enchiladas

leftover taco meat
tortillas
spaghetti sauce
shredded cheese

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

They look legitimate!
Place a decent amount of the meat onto a tortilla.  Then roll it up and place it in a baking dish.  Continue until you've used all the meat.  (I also magically had enough tortillas for my meat.  Score!)

Top your rolls with spaghetti sauce.  I smeared the sauce all over so the tortillas wouldn't be too dry.

Now, top it with all the leftover shredded cheese in your refrigerator and pop them into the oven.

Mine were done in 15 minutes, and the cheese was nice and melty.

These were pretty great if you ask me, and I'll be eating the rest tomorrow.  And probably the next day.

Daddy's girl!

Now I'd like to take the time to do an early Father's Day shout out: Happy Father's Day, Daddy!  I miss you!

1 comment:

  1. Once again a smile and tears (happy ones) to start the day. You are the best! XOXO

    ReplyDelete